The Councils have been contacting people in receipt of Small Business Rate Relief over the past few days of how to claim. Below are some useful links if you have not had your letter yet.
The online forms for the Small Business £10k grant for qualifying businesses are now on these local council websites:
- Norwich https://www.norwich.gov.uk/xfp/form/2676
- South Norfolk https://www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/businesses/business-rates/business-support-grant-covid-19
- Breckland https://www.breckland.gov.uk/covid-19-grant
- West Norfolk https://www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/info/20148/business_rates_and_bid/819/business_help_due_to_coronavirus_covid-19
- Great Yarmouth https://www.great-yarmouth.gov.uk/coronavirus-business-support
- Broadland Councils link is broken so I can’t add it.
Information needed from most is:
Make sure you have your annual business rates bill to hand as it contains lots of the information you will need to complete the form.
- Business rates account number
- Property reference number
- The rateable value of your property
- VAT reference and company number (if relevant)
- Bank account details including a copy of a bank statement which you can upload as a JPG image (max file size 4MB)
The grants are classed as income so therefore taxable. If you do apply and are successful please keep all documentation for us to be able to process this correctly for you.